This seems somewhat counterproductive, doesn’t it? I always thought real women meant all women, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I mean, I get wanting nice skin and all, as it is still a photo campaign, but no scars or tattoos? Am I reading too much into this?
“Drinking three or more cups of coffee per day may lessen the effects of aging on the brain and may reduce the chances of developing Alzheimer’s. There’s one catch: The study found that the boost only applies to women :-/…”—Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease
Well last week was pretty successful as far as my workouts went. I missed one day but other than that it was good. I gelt really good to… So to piggy back off of that I’m going to cross a little somethin off of my bucket list. One of the items on that list is to eat vegetarian for a week straight (or maybe a month I can’t remember *scratches head*) which ever it is, that’s what I’m doing starting Monday…
In other news, my 26th birthday is in about a month. Feelin real old right about now lol.
I was one of the people who kind of bashed it early on but after looking into it a little more I’m all about it. Won’t get an IPhone but this I can use lol. If anyone I know has one, let me use it 8o lol. Alright, that is all.
I wanted to start a workout project where I work out for 7 straight days intensely (much like I did in high school) and find out what it does for me. I have been slacking off on the exercise due to an injury (that still isn’t healed) but I think I have to do something since I haven’t in so long (about 2 weeks). So Ive challenged myself to what I call Hell Week.
I got the idea/motivation from a local morning radio host who started off the new year with 45 workouts in 45 days. Hiw whole deal turned into 55 days actually. He is insane and I’d never be able to do such a thing, but I CAN try it in baby steps. (You can read about it here http://bobbybonesworkout.blogspot.com/) I’ll attempt to do 7 straight days of intense weight and cardio workouts along w/ a super strict and clean eating program without dying or losing my mind. After that take a day or two off and try it again. I have my own mundane workouts that I do to maintain, but I haven’t tried a detox type of program ever. Hopefully this will give me a little bit of a boost going into the summer.
“That entire Top 12 list is opinion and based on zero fact. If you havent read Marc Lamont Hill’s take on it yet, you should give it a look. ”
Correct, I will go further to say that for the most part, I agree with the statements made by Marc Lamont Hill about Slim Thug’s comments. However…
Edit: Having comp problems lol… anyway continue.
I’m in total agreement with that. I find it kind of funny when women in college say things like “Im a successful black woman” when that is far from the truth. Not to say they havent experienced successes, however generally we are not the women these types of statements are directed toward. As far as black women needing to “give a brotha a chance” also agree. I find that the women I know are willing to work with their partner as long as there is something to work toward.
Also in my experience I have learned that having goals is not the same as having ambition or motivation. People often confuse the two. You can have all the goals in the world but if you sit in your room all day talking about how you cant figure out why you arent getting anywhere that’s a problem. And not everyone is willing to wait for the lightbulb to click.
Last thing I wanted to say is that women and men both should have standards, but they should be realistic and inclusive. If you cant find what you want in a black man/woman, then dont be afraid to look elsewhere. Standards shouldnt be out of control either (Chilli, Im talking to you). Find out what you cant live w/o and go from there. Thats my take on it.
I found this on a radio stations website. Kind of funny/amusing. Some Most of these are flat out ridiculous lol.
“13 Whacky Online Dating Websites
We all know lots of people who have gone on Internet dates. And you know what? Online dating isn’t as creepy as we once thought it was. A couple of our friends have actually met their significant other’s online, including Alayna. Social-networking sites are a great place to meet people too — you can meet people on Facebook, MySpace, CafeMom, and there are dating-specific sites like Match and eHarmony. But there are some that are a little, um, shall we say even more specific? With the news of Google restricting cougar dating sites from search engines (lame!), it got our minds wondering what other niche dating sites are out there?
1.Vamp Personals — If Twilight and True Blood isn’t just a fantasy for you, you can meet other fang-bangers at this Gothic dating site.
2. Daily Diapers — You won’t be able to order diapers for your 6-month-old here, it’s all for adults with a diaper fetish of their own. Yeah. Some people dig this.
3. Pounced — Furries or Plushies are people who get turned on by those who dress up in furry costumes and have their own “fursona.” Just to clarify: A furry icon would be someone dressed up as Winnie the Pooh.
4. STD Friends — This site, for those with STDs looking for love, sure saves people from that inevitable awkward reveal.
5. Poker Faces — If card games are your thing, you might meet your King or Queen on this dating site.
6. Farmers Only — With a slogan “City Folks Just Don’t Get It,” this dating site for ranchers, cowboys, cowgirls, and livestock owners even boasts photos of couples who got married after (cow) poking around.
7. Meet an Inmate — Got a thing for prison stripes? Meet an incarcerated person on this site. Hey, the letter correspondence must be incredible!
8. 420 Dating — If you don’t smoke pot and you date an avid pot smoker, it can be a serious issue. Meet fellow tokers here.
9. The Atlasphere — Ayn Rand fans can discuss The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged in bed after a romantic rendezvous.
10. Tall Friends — Like tall men? Are you a tall woman looking for someone even taller? This site’s for you.
11. Date a Little — Claiming to be the most popular dwarf dating site online, Date a Little was also mentioned on an episode of Little People: Just Married.
12. No Longer Lonely — Find friends or love on this site for adults with mental illness.
13. DateCraft — Really into World of Warcraft? Meet others who also love the video and are looking for love.”
Just paid off my Credit Card balance that I’ve had for a little while now. Feels freakin’ awesome. Now I can focus on adding to my Emergency Fund and paying for school/moving in the very near future. Only debt I have now is from student loans which paying off isn’t as bad as I thought it would be (I’ve made a sizable dent in only 2 years.) As bad as being a “real adult” seems to be at times, having the ability to take care of it all and build toward the future is rewarding in and of itself.
Now on to phase 2, finding a decent and cheap place to live in a super expensive city :-/. Joy!