1. Spend less time texting and more time talking on the phone - the voice inflections are just as important as body language.
2. Limit your time communicating via laptop/computer. Spend time out with your friends hanging out and talking (but don’t text the whole time!)
3. Enjoy the moment. Don’t ignore the friend in front of you just because another friend texted you.
4. Don’t talk about serious topics over text message. Save those conversations for over the phone, or preferably, in person.
5. Don’t take anything too seriously over text message or IM. The only real way to know how someone meant to say something is to ask them on the phone or in person.
6. The only way to get to know someone well is by spending time with them in person. Texting and Facebook messaging give you a false sense of “knowing” someone – if you don’t know their voice inflections or their body language, how do you really know if you’re that close?
One last thing to remember is that before cell phones and computers, how did people get to know each other, become friends, date, get married, etc.? We need to get back to the roots of communication to truly know where we stand in the world
Hello, today I will school you. Because, I be knowin shit.
On the agenda today is Facebook relationships [on profiles of the young and silly…aka 14-24]. I’m gonna start off light by breaking down each type of Facebook relationship status and what YOU, the lovely facebooker, should interpret them to mean.
Considering doing this so Im making this post so I can find the list when/if I decide to do it…
30 Day Challenge =]
Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself Day 02- The meaning behind your Tumblr name Day 03- A picture of you and your friends Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to Day 06- Favorite super hero and why Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad Day 11- Another picture of you and your friends Day 12- How you found out about Tumblr and why you made one Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently Day 14- A picture of you and your family Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play Day 16- Another picture of yourself Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why Day 18- Plans/dreams/goals you have Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future Day 21- A picture of something that makes you happy Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else Day 23- Something you crave for a lot Day 24- A letter to your parents Day 25- What I would find in your bag Day 26- What you think about your friends Day 27- Why are you doing this 30 day challenge Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then? Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned Day 30- Who are you?
What happened to asking for favors? One of my biggest pet peeves is people telling me to do things versus asking me. I’m a helpful gal, and I enjoy doing things for people but something about saying “Make this for me”, ” Do that for me” just rubs me the wrong way (That’s what she said). Adding a simple “Would you mind…” or “Could you…” in from of these statements puts my defenses all the way down, and the conversation and my reaction goes in a totally opposite direction. It’s a shame the people in my life don’t recognize this in my personality yet. Let’s all just try to be polite. Please and thank you.